When to Use
User Defined fields are best used for If you are wanting to record something specific to one family or child, such as exact family income or the specific date of some event. For recording categories of things that apply across many families or children, such as bus runs or programs. a better solution might be to Create a Tracking Item
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Data Management > Tracking Items & User Defined Fields > dbl-click User Defined Fields.
- Click a tab at the top depending on whether these fields will apply to the Account (family as a whole), Child, Employee or Vendor.
User Defined Fields
- To create a new User Defined Field:
- Click the top (blank) line and enter a Field Name like “Income”.
- Choose a Field Type of True/False, Date, Number or Text.
- Optional: Add Tool Tip Text to describe the purpose of this field or explain when to use it.
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) to create a new (blank) line.
- Click Expose and choose which locations have access to this field.
- Use the Up & Down arrows to change the order as needed then click Save > Exit.
Enter Data in User Defined Fields
for a family account, child, employee or vendor.
tags: make user defined field, make field, create field, add field