Before You Begin
Confirm your ledger posting date ranges are set correctly to allow posting to prior or future periods as needed in the Family Accounting section of Region and School Configuration
the account and click the Ledger
icon on the account toolbar.
If you are just getting started with Ledger Cards you'll want to post Beginning Balances for each family.
Post an Entry
At the Account Ledger screen enter a transaction:
- Select a Description like “Tuition Toddlers”, “Family Discount” or “Pmt by Check” as appropriate.
- Today’s Date will be automatically entered. Change the date if needed.
- Type a Comment (optional) like the check number when a payment is made.
- Confirm the Amount or type it in as needed.
Note: The Amount will be entered automatically if the selected Description has a Standard Amount. When recording a payment the full amount due appears by default. In either case you may type over the amount as needed.
- To continue adding additional items tap Enter (on your keyboard) until a new, blank line appears.
- Click Post & Exit.
Void an Entry
To void an item at the Account Ledger screen:
- Click once on a line to select it.
- Click the Void button.
- Select a Void Date and enter a Comment if needed.
- Click Void.
- At the Account Ledger screen click Post & Exit.
Note: To see who voided an item (as well as the date & comment) just go to the Ledger Card, click once on the line to select it, then click the Void button.
Change an Entry
The User Group to which you are assigned determines whether you can make changes to a Ledger Card. In most cases it’s best to void items that were posted incorrectly rather than just changing them.
- At the Account Ledger screen click the field you want to edit (Date, Description, Comment or Amount) and make your change:
- Click Post & Exit.
Note: To change the void date of an item previously voided go to the Ledger Card, click once on the line to select it, then click the Void button. Change the Void Date or Comment as needed.
Search for a Ledger Comment (Check Number)
You may use the Account Filter
to select only families that have a particular item (like a check number) in the Comment
box on their Ledger Card.
- Click the Filter icon on the account list (looks like a funnel or coffee filter).
- Choose to filter by Account.
- Choose Ledger Comment as your filter.
- Select an option from the drop down list like “Contains” then type the text for which you are looking, such as the check number.
keyword tags: family ledgercard, account ledgercard