From the Procare Home screen Utilities > Database Backup/Restore.
Note: If you are using the Procare Data Hosting
service all backups are managed by Procare. Contact Us
if it becomes necessary to restore data from a previous day.
How to Backup
Procare has a built-in backup feature compatible with the Express Edition of SQL Server that comes with Procare. If you’re using your own SQL Server you’ll need to backup outside of Procare.
- At the Database Backup/Restore screen the Backup Database tab (at the top) should already be selected. Just click the Backup button.
Note: The backup will automatically be saved to the computer that hosts your Procare licensing service (typically your main computer).
- When the backup is complete you’ll be asked if you would like to copy the new backup to another location like a USB flash drive. This is generally a good idea. Answer Yes and browse to the location of your choice.
Hint: If you need to make a copy of the backup at a later time go to the Archive and Restore tab, click once on date/time of the backup you wish to copy (to select it) then click Save Backup.
- Click Exit.
Note: When a backup is made any entries in the System Event Log that are more than 90 days old are automatically removed. The backup itself would contain the old event log information if needed.
How to Restore Data
Restoring data is a serious step. All data for every school (every location managed in Procare) will be replaced with the information from the backup. In other words, your information will revert back to the state it was in at the time the backup was made.
- At the Backup screen click the Archive and Restore tab (at the top).
- Click once on date/time of the backup you wish to restore (to select it) then click the Restore button.
Optional - To restore a backup from another location on your computer (like a USB flash drive):
- Click the Recover Backup button.
- Browse to the Procare backup file (.pcd extension) and choose Open. This will add the backup file to your Archive and Restore list.
- Confirm the correct backup file is selected then click Restore.
- Click Exit.
Schedule Back Ups
You may choose to schedule backups to occur automatically on the day(s) and time you select. See: How to Schedule Back Ups
tags: back up data, backup data, make a back up, make a backup, database back up, database backup