Separate Payers for Same Child
When two or more people pay separately for the same child each person must be set up as the Primary Payer on their own separate account.This way each person will have their own account history with the amounts charged, paid and due for which they are responsible.
- Create a New Account for each party, for example one for mom and another for dad.
- Add the same child to each account. It doesn't matter which account you add them to first, however you do want the system to recognize them as the same child. To do so:
- For the first account choose "Add New Child".
- For the second account (or any additional accounts) choose "Add Existing Child" (image below) because the child is now already in the system.
- In the Billing Box set up the fees to be charged to each account by choosing the appropriate Ledger Card (examples below). Since the Billing Box is tied to the child it doesn't matter which account is displayed when you access the Billing Box screen.
Example 1: Contract Billing - A fixed weekly or monthly rate is split between two accounts. In this example the weekly rate of 225.00 is divided equally so each parent pays 112.50.
Example 2: Billing Formulas - An hourly rate (based on attendance) is split between two accounts. On the tab for "Billing Formulas" click New Formula. Choose the Ledger for parent 1. Be sure to select a charge description like "Tuition Preschool" and the appropriate Formula Name (like "Hourly (Attendance)"). There may be a variable for the rate (Value field). Let's say the normal rate was 4.50 per hour. You would use the variable to charge each account half that amount or 2.25 per hour.
Example 2 continued: Repeat the process to add a second New Formula for the second account (parent 2). Be sure to select the Ledger for parent 2 and enter a Value for the variable to indicate the amount this person pays. When finished the Billing Box screen should have one line for each person who pays for this child.
Note: Since Billing Formulas may be set up in a vast number of ways there is no one size fits all answer for how to split a fee, however the basic concept outlined here may be used. In most cases you'll want to Contact Technical Support to determine the best way to set up billing formulas (and split fees) for your situation.