- 30 Jan 2024
- 1 Minute to read
Install on Check-In Computer
- Updated on 30 Jan 2024
- 1 Minute to read
How to install Procare on a computer used as a Check-In station for child or employee to check in. This could be a standard computer or a Procare Touch computer.
Before You Begin
Are you using the Procare Cloud service? If so skip ahead to the next section.
- Install Procare on your main computer choosing a “Full” or “Advanced” install. See: Basic Installation
- IMPORTANT! Make sure the computer you’ll use for checking in (the Check-In computer) is connected to your network so it has access to the main computer. You may need assistance from a local computer technician.
Install Procare on Check-In Computer
Install the Procare “Client” software on the Check-In computer.
- If you are using the Procare Cloud service, download this from the Welcome to Procare Cloud page.
- If this is a Procare Touch computer – See Special Instructions for Procare Touch.
- If this is a standard computer (desktop or laptop) follow the Basic Installation Instructions.
This Computer will be used as a Check-In Station
During installation you’ll be asked if people will be checking in from this computer. Be sure to choose “Yes. This computer will be used as a Procare Check In station.” This will create the appropriate shortcut on your desktop.
- Choose settings for the Check-In Options screen.
- Generate Temporary Registration Numbers for each parent or authorized pick up person.
- Each person will then Register for Check-In at the Procare Touch computer.
- Start Checking In.
Windows Power Options
Computers are often set for the hard disk, network card, etc. to turn off after a period of time. Procare strongly advises choosing high performance settings so the computer (and its components) do not go to sleep.
See: Power Options for Windows