- 21 Dec 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Compatible Mobile Devices
- Updated on 21 Dec 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Hardware and operating system requirements for the Procare child care mobile app
The Procare child care mobile app is available on multiple app stores, and can be downloaded on tablets or mobile phones for use by staff.
Important: As of January 2024, the Procare Child Care mobile app will only distribute updates to mobile devices and tablets running Operating Systems supported by their manufacturer and are included in regular security updates. See: Supported Devices as of January 2024 for a list of supported/unsupported devices.
- Download the app from the Apple Store
- Works on iOS devices version 12.4 and above
- As of January 2024 - iOS 15.6 and above
- Download the app from the Google Play Store
- Works on Android devices version 5.0 and above
- As of January 2024 - Android OS 11 and above
- Download the app from the Amazon Appstore
- As of January 2024 - Fire OS 7 and above
- Note: this does not include Amazon Fire Kids Version tablets
Keeping your Device Updated
It is essential to keep your device updated for greater performance, new features and important security updates. Learn how to check what operating system your device uses and how to install updates below:
- To find your OS or check for updates: Settings > General > About
- If updates are needed: Settings > General > Software Update
- To find your OS: Settings > About Phone > Android Version
- If updates are needed: Settings > System > System Update
- **Menus for Android devices may vary depending on the manufacturer
Amazon Fire Devices
- To find your OS: Settings > Device Options > System Updates > Fire OS Version
- Amazon Fire tablets automatically install updates when connected to the internet. If your device is not auto-updating, see: Install Your Fire Tablet Software Update Manually for more information.
Q: Can I use a Google Chromebook?
A: Since the mobile app requires access to an App Store, Google Chromebooks are not able to run the app but they can access the website.